This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
I can’t believe 2018 is already here! Just last month I was knee deep in testing cookie dough recipes, and now I’m trying to counteract all those sweet recipes. I’m going from super sweet to super healthy this month! While I’ve been good about making sure I go to the gym every day, my diet has definitely been slacking. But now I’m getting back on track! Starting with this strawberry quinoa salad!
I love recipes like this, you know, the ones where you don’t feel like you’re eating healthy! Also, bonus points because it can be made ahead of time. As this salad sits in the fridge the flavors continue to develop. So it’s the perfect meal prep recipe! On Sunday night I cook a big batch of quinoa and toss it with some strawberries, feta cheese, pistachios and balsamic. Then I’ve got a healthy lunch all week! This salad toggles the line of sweet and savory, settling all my food cravings at once. Sweet strawberries, tangy feta cheese, bright balsamic vinegar, and some crunch pistachios= a match made in heaven!
Living in Florida it’s so easy to find those tasty Florida strawberries. I love that on my work breaks I can walk a few doors down to the Dunedin Fresh Market to pick up a pint or two. However, it’s super convenient that Florida strawberries are also carried by large retailers all the way up the east coast! When I do my every other month Costo stock up, I can stock up on my favorite berries as well!
Health Benefits of Strawberry Quinoa Salad
The sweet taste of Florida Strawberries make eating healthy easy, because they don’t taste like a diet food. They’re sweet, juicy and delicious, everything you want from delicious berry! However, they’re also packed with vitamin C, perfect for fighting off those post Christmas colds that tend to go around. They’re also low in fat, which means I can add feta cheese to fatten up my salad! And with their low calorie count I don’t feel guilty topping my salad with some high calorie pistachios! Not only are the flavors of this salad balanced, so is the nutrition. Adding the complete protein of quinoa makes a healthy and filling lunch!
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- ½ cup chopped strawberries
- ¼ cup pistachios
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Parsley and Salt
- Combine all ingredients
- Season with salt
- Garnish with chopped parsley
Florida Strawberry season won’t end until Easter, so be sure to look for them in your local retailers. And for more information check out their social channels! And be sure to scroll past my recipe for even more healthy strawberry recipes
Healthy Family Recipes Using Strawberries
Healthy Strawberry Appetizers
- Chicken and Strawberry Caprese Wonton Cups by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Avocado Pinwheels by Helpful Homemade
- Strawberry Avocado Toast by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Balsamic Flatbread by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Shrimp Ceviche Cocktail by Soulfully Made
Healthy Strawberry Salads
- Strawberry Avocado Salad with Fresh Mozzarella and Walnuts by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Strawberry Chicken Spinach Salad by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Pasta Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Quinoa Salad with Feta Cheese by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Spinach Feta Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Wild Rice Salad with Strawberries by Sunday Supper Movement
Healthy Strawberry Main Dishes
- Chicken with Strawberry Satay Sauce by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Rotisserie Chicken Strawberry Pizza by Go Epicurista
- Strawberry Balsamic Chicken by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Glazed Salmon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Healthy Strawberry Desserts
- Chamomile Strawberry Chia Pudding by Mid-Life Croissant
- Frozen Strawberry Chocolate Yogurt Bark by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Paleo Strawberry Cobbler by Pies and Plots
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Pavlova with Coconut Cream by Recipes Food and Cooking
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
More Healthy Strawberry Recipes
- Strawberry Detox Vinegar Drink
- Goopy Goop- Healthy Strawberry Sauce
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
- Strawberry and Cream Pancakes