This recipe for chicken and gluten free dumplings has deep comforting flavor but takes under an hour to whip together. Perfect for busy nights. It may not get that cold in Florida, but December always has me craving comforting dishes. For many people when they think of comfort they’re all about the chicken noodle soup. But, I can’t get enough chicken and dumplings. I love how the chicken broth becomes cloudy and creamy after the dumplings simmer to deliciousness.
Gluten Free Dumplings
Everyone knows the best part of chicken and dumplings is the dumplings. They need to be light and tender. Two things that become difficult when trying to make gluten free. I often see recipes online using canned biscuits for the dumplings. Since I’ve never seen gluten free canned biscuits I thought I should use some biscuit mix instead. I love the Better Batter Biscuit Mix, so I had a feeling they’d make some amazing dumplings. And I was right! I added some parsley and garlic powder, and better batter did rest! Even my gluten eating boyfriend loved the texture!
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- ½ Yellow Onion, Diced
- 2 Stocks of Celery, Diced
- 3 Carrots, Diced
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken
- 1 Cup Better Batter Biscuit Mix
- 3 Tbsp Butter, Cold and Cubed
- 1 Tsp Parsley, Minced
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- ½ Cup Buttermilk
- Saute the onion, garlic, and celery until tender
- Add stock, water, bay leaf and chicken
- Let simmer for 30 minutes for flavors to develop
- Season with salt and pepper
- Combine biscuit mix, parsley, and garlic powder
- Mix butter in until looks like small pebbles
- Slow add the buttermilk, and mix
- Using two spoons dollop the dumpling mix into the soup
- Cover and and simmer for 20-30 minutes until dumplings are cooked through
Disclosure: This post is sponsored but all opinions are honest and my own.
Comments on this post6 Comments
Comments are closed.