I’ll admit I’m terrible healthy blogger, I don’t really like salad. Every once and I awhile I love a nice big salad with lots of components. But most days? I really don’t want a bowl of lettuce, it’s just never satisfying enough. I do love salads that ditch the lettuce, and this easy green bean salad is perfect for that.
When the holiday season rolls around food can get so heavy. And while I love a cheesy casserole as much as the next person. I don’t like feeling like I need to unbutton my pants at the end of a meal. That’s why I always try to lighten up my holiday meals are much as possible. Instead of a green bean casserole, I whip up this Easy Green Bean Salad. The brightness of the pickled onion made this one refreshing holiday side. Topping the crunchy green beans with some salty almonds really put this salad over the top. No one will be missing their mushy casserole with this bright and textural Easy Green Bean Salad!
If you’re looking for even more ways to lighten up your holiday menu, but sure to see what the rest of the Sunday Supper tastemakers are whipping up. All these holiday salads will make sticking to your diet this holiday season a little easier!
- ½ Pound Green Beans
- ½ Cup Pickled Onions
- 1 Cup Shaved Fennel
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Dill
- 2 Tablespoons Marcona Almonds
- Cut the ends off green beans then cut in half
- Blanch in salted water for about 3 minutes
- Run under cold water to stop cooking process
- Mix with remaining ingredients
- Season with salt as needed
- Top with almonds
Holiday Salad Recipes #SundaySupper
Festive Holiday Salad Recipes
- Best Ambrosia Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cranberry Fluff Salad by Palatable Pastime
- Cranberry Walnut Potato Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy Green Bean Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Layered Christmas Gelatin Salad by Positively Stacey
- Orange Fennel Salad by Pies and Plots
- Pear, Fennel and Kale Salad with Pear Vinaigrette by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Pecan Crusted Chicken Salad by Bottom Left of the Mitten
Bountiful Holiday Salad Recipes
- Roasted Artichoke Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Vegetable & Goat Cheese Salad by My Life Cookbook
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing by Bites of Wellness
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts with Drunken Cranberries by Our Good Life
- Shredded Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Dressing by Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad by Sweet Potato French Bean Lentil Salad
- Winter Beet Salad with Goat’s Cheese Dressing by Caroline’s Cooking
- Winter Fruit Salad by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Winter Slaw with Pecans and Maple Dressing by Sprinkles and Sprouts
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Comments on this post6 Comments
Comments are closed.