This Gluten Free Turkey Noodle Casserole is one comforting dinner. Creamy and loaded flavor, it’s an easy dinner that will make your Thanksgiving leftovers taste like a brand new dish!
When it comes to the holiday season, I’m all about those leftovers! I love taking them and seeing how many delicious meals I can get out of them! I think if there’s one thing everyone can agree on it is that chicken noodle soup is one of the most comforting foods there is, so turkey noodle soup is the perfect fall dish. Growing up my mom always made turkey noodle soup the day after Thanksgiving, but I hated the broth. I would make my mom strain mine so I just had a bowl of noodles, chicken and vegetables. Inspired by my childhood pickiness, I decided to make this gluten free turkey noodle casserole.
I’m a big texture person, I love that contrast in all my food. To provide a bit of crunch in this dish I sprinkled some Baked Lays Potato chips on halfway through baking. This recipe made me realize that I should be adding potato chips to more of my casseroles. They add the perfect texture and are naturally gluten free!
This recipe is so easy to make, and it holds up great in the fridge. To help speed up the cooking process I blanch the vegetables while cooking the pasta in the same water, this also makes for less dishes. You can also leave the whole dish in the freezer if you don’t want to eat all your turkey at once!
- 1½ Cup Gluten Free Pasta
- 2 Tablespoon Onion, Minced
- ¼ Cup Carrots, Sliced
- ¼ Cup Celery, Sliced
- 1½ Cup Shredded Turkey
- ¾ Cup Cream of Chicken Soup (I Used Pacific)
- ½ Cup Water
- ½ Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Small Bag Baked Potato Chips
- Boil the pasta for 8 minutes
- Add vegetables and boil and additional 2 minutes
- Strain pasta and vegetables
- Mix with turkey, seasoning, cream of chicken soup, and water
- Spread mixture in greased baking dish
- Store in fridge for 2-3 days or bake right away
- Bake in 350F oven for about 25 minutes
- Top with crushed potato chips
- Bake an additional 10 minutes
Holiday Casserole Recipes #SundaySupper
- Apple Crumble French Toast Casserole by Pies and Plots
- Cheesy Sausage and Grits Breakfast Casserole by The Weekend Gourmet
- Holiday Breakfast Casserole by The Freshman Cook
- Sausage Breakfast Casserole with Crescent Rolls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Skillet Chilaquiles with Baked Eggs by Our Good Life
- Baked Carrot and Sweet Potato Mash with Cheese by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Buttery Baked Bread Dressing by Food Lust People Love
- Collard Green Au Gratin by Soulfully Made
- French Potato Gratin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Ham & Cheese Corn Casserole (Spoon Bread) by Palatable Pastime
- Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole by Crickets Confections
- Lower Carb Green Bean Casserole by Positively Stacey
- Simple Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole (Dairy-Free) by Bites of Wellness
- Turkey and Noodles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brussels Sprouts and Quinoa Gratin by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Cauliflower and Spinach au Gratin by Simple and Savory
- Cheesy Orzo Pasta Bake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Mexican Cornbread Casserole by Restless Chipotle
- Shrimp Pineapple Rice Casserole by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Spaghetti Western Chili Casserole by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Comments on this post38 Comments
Comments are closed.