When it comes to recipes Grandma’s are always the best. These peanut butter balls could not be easier to make and they are perfect to give as a gift throughout the holiday season!
It’s no secret that Christmas is my favorite time of the year! I just love everything about it.Growing up the best part of Christmas was that Grandma and Grandpa came to visit, it just wasn’t Christmas without them. By the time I was in middle school my grandparents had moved from Virginia to right on the other side of our suburban Rhode Island town. Even though we saw them multiple times a month it was still extra special when they’d come spend the night with us for Christmas!
I have so many great Christmas memories with Grandma. True story, one year I woke up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve and looked out my window, and what do you know, there was Santa and all his reindeer in the sky! I ran to go wake up Grandma so we could watch together, but of course, he was already gone. Sure, it may have been a really realistic dream, but I’m pretty sure it was real!
We’re celebrating gluten free holiday recipes this week for #SundaySupper in honor of our beloved tastemaker T.R. During times of trouble and sorrow I find family recipes extra comforting, which is why I wanted to make sure to sure something inspired my Grandma this week. I will say this was adapted from Grandma’s recipe, but it not the same. Her recipe is about 50% powdered sugar and I wanted to make these babies without any refined sugar, so I swapped at the powdered sugar for a combo of honey and oat flour. Let me just say they worked out perfectly, I think Grandma would approve!
- 1 Cup Crunchy Peanut Butter
- ¾ Cup Oat Flour
- ¼ Cup Honey
- 1 Tablespoons Melted Coconut Oil
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
- Combine first 5 ingredients until smooth
- Set in fridge for 15 minutes
- Shape into small balls
- Rolls in shredded coconut
- Store in fridge until ready to enjoy!
Gluten Free Sunday Supper Recipes
Sleigh Ride Starters
- Pepperoni Soft Pretzels by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Pumpkin Bread with Maple Walnut Glaze by My Life Cookbook
- Savory Chickpea Banana Pepper Fritters by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- T.R.’s Mulled Cider Martini by Food Lust People Love
Seasons Greetings Sides
- Balsamic Braised Red Cabbage by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes by Sunday Supper Movement
- Gluten Free Turkey Gravy by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Stuffing or Dressing by Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Beets and Butternut Squash by Cooking Chat
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts And Squash With Cranberry Cider Glaze by The Crumby Kitchen
- T.R.’s Homemade Cranberry Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
Making Things Merry Main Dish
- Chicken Caesar Salad Wrap by Life Tastes Good
- Easy Mexican Chicken Bowl by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pork Fried Rice by The Freshman Cook
- Turkey Ham Scalloped Potatoes and Kale by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Vietnamese Chicken Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
Decking the Halls Desserts
- Flourless Chocolate Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Gluten Free Fudge by Our Good Life
- Grandma’s Peanut Butter Balls by Cricket’s Confections
- No Bake Gluten Free Fudgy Brownies by Simple and Savory
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies by Desserts Required
- The Worlds Best Gluten Free Sweet Potato Brownies by Bites of Wellness
- White Chocolate Crème Brûlée by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.