A comforting dinner that cooks while you sleep. Just mix together the ingredients and get some sleep and you’ll wake up to this delicious Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili.
Slow cooker recipes are perfect for parties. I love not having to fuss in the kitchen with company in the house. This slow cooker black bean chili recipe is a perfect set ’em and forget ’em recipe. Just throw all the ingredients in and enjoy your day, it’s perfect for game day. This is great recipe because it cooks over night! While I’m sleeping I’m also cooking, how productive is that?!
Since this week’s #SundaySupper is all about soups and stews it seemed the perfect time to share this lighter game day option! If you want something more meaty for your game day be sure to scroll to the bottom of the post to see what the rest of the tastemakers are whipping up today. So many comforting recipes perfect for cozying up to game day!
So many football recipes are heavy, loaded with meats and cheeses, that I love serving a lighter option. While I make mine with chicken stock, you could definitely use vegetable stock to make this a vegan option. It’s so comforting and filling but doesn’t leave me filling gross and bloated all day. Which means there’s more room in my belly for some gluten free beer on game day!
- 2 Cups Dried Black Beans
- ½ Cup Minced Red Onion
- ⅓ Cup Minced Carrot
- ¼ Cup Minced Celery
- 3 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 Cups Chicken Stock
- 2 Cups Water
- 1 14.5 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- Mix all ingredients in slow cooker
- Cook on low 10-12 hours (I did mine over night)
- Cook in high 30 minutes (this helps thicken up the chili)
Comfort Food Soup and Stew Recipes #SundaySupper
- “Make it Your Own” Soup Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Baked Potato Soup by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cabbage and Kielbasa Soup by Our Good Life
- Chicken and Dumplings by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup by Pies and Plots
- Gnocchi, Sausage & Spinach Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Habitant Pea Soup by What Smells So Good?
- Instant Pot Mexican Chicken and Rice Soup by Sunday Supper Movement
- Meatball and Orzo Soup by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Milchnudeln (German Milk Noodles) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Mushroom Fennel Soup by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta Fagioli Soup by Soulfully Made
- Slow Cooker Black Bean Chili by Cricket’s Confections
- Slow Cooker Chicken Posole by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Slow Cooker Smoky Chicken-Potato Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Spicy Brazilian Seafood Stew with Coconut Milk by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Spicy Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard by Cooking Chat
- Stylish and Simple Vegetable Soup with Poached Egg and Herbs by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post33 Comments
Comments are closed.