Ditch the take out and have some homemade Chinese food with this Easy Pork Fried Rice! Made Celiac friendly with gluten free soy sauce!
It’s no secret that I love Chinese food! Since most Chinese restaurant can be scary for those of us who can’t eat gluten, I’ve started making it myself. Some of my favorite Chinese dishes are Beef Lo Mein and Sweet and Sour Sauce, and of course easy pork fried rice! Sure, take out would be more convenient, but cooking these dishes at home is way more fun. And of course, healthier!
Easy Pork Fried Rice
What makes this recipe super easy? It’s made with leftovers! I love to make fried rice out of my leftover white or brown rice. This recipe also uses leftover pork! One night I grilled too many pork chops. I just diced up the leftovers and threw them in the freezer. Then when my fried rice craving hit I just pull it out of the freezer and had a quick and easy dinner! You can also use leftover pork tenderloin or pork shoulder. And what if you don’t have leftover pork? You can just quickly saute some bacon or pork belly! I haven’t met a pork that didn’t taste delicious in this easy pork fried rice!
When it comes to veggies this recipe is always super flexible. I used beech mushrooms, because they are my favorite! However, button mushrooms or shiitake would also work great! If you don’t like mushrooms? Just don’t add them! You really can’t go wrong with this easy pork fried rice!
- 2 Teaspoons Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 Package Beech Mushrooms (3.5 ounces)
- 1 Shallot, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Ginger, Minced
- 3 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- 2 Scallions, Sliced (Separate whites from greens)
- ½ Cup Grated Carrots
- ½ Cup Frozen Peas
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Diced Pork
- 1 Cup Cooked Rice
- ½ Teaspoon Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Heat the sesame oil
- Saute mushrooms until golden brown
- Add garlic, shallot, ginger, and whites of the scallion
- Once tender add peas and carrots
- Saute until carrots are cooked
- Push vegetables to the side
- Scramble the Eggs in the Center of the Pan
- Add remaining ingredient
- Saute until hot through
Simple Rice Recipes for Dinner #SundaySupper
What’s for dinner?
- Butternut and Brown Rice Soup by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Crispy Rice Bites by Hardly A Goddess
- Easy Pork Fried Rice – Gluten Free by Cricket’s Confections
- Granny’s Sausage & Rice Casserole by Gourmet Everyday
- Italian Rice Pilaf with Toasted Almonds by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Meatloaf Stuffed Peppers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Nasi Lemak – Malay Coconut Milk Rice by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Rice is for dinner!
- Olive & Date Rice Side Dish by My Life Cookbook
- Qatiqli Hu’rda (Uzbek Rice Soup with Yogurt) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Savory Rice Porridge by Pies and Plots
- Slow Boat to China by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Slow Cooker Jamaican Rice and Peas Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore over Rice by My Blissful Mess
- Sushi Roll Rice Bowl by The Freshman Cook
- Tex Mex Chicken Skillet by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post11 Comments
Comments are closed.