You don’t need any sugars to make these Banana Bread Cookies, the bananas are sweet enough. Soft and chewy, it’s everyone’s favorite loaf bread in cookie form!
Inspired by my Whole30 experience these cookies have no sugar in them. Sweetened naturally with bananas and apple sauce, these cookies are so comforting and wont leave you with a sugar hangover.
Secret to Sweetness
They key to making these cookies taste sweet is the bananas. I let my bananas get nice and ripe on the counter, before I put them in the freezer. I peeled my two ripe bananas and put them in a freezer bag. When I’m ready to make the cookies I will thaw the bananas completely. At this point there will be lots of liquid in your bag, use it! The liquid helps sweeten this cookies naturally.
This cookie is reminiscent of an oatmeal cookie, but light and fluffy as banana bread. I made them for a family brunch and they were perfect for snacking on all day! These cookies bake at a low temperature for a longer time then most cookies to help give them this banana bread like texture.
- Serves: 9
- Serving size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 74
- Fat: 1.6 g
- Sugar: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 2.5 g
- 2 Thawed Bananas and Their Juice
- 4 oz Apple Sauce
- 2 Eggs
- ¾ Cup Oat Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1½ Oats
- Combine bananas in blender until smooth
- Add eggs and apple sauce, mix well
- Add oat flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger
- Transfer mixture to a bowl
- Add the oats, stir to combine
- Cover mixture and let chill over night
- Scoop onto greased cookie sheet
- Bake at 325F for about 20 minutes
- Transfer to wire rack to cool
Sunday Supper Best After School Snacks
- Banana Bread Cookies by Cricket’s Confections
- Copycat Levain Bakery Chocolate Chip Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Danish Butter Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- No Bake Oatmeal Balls by Sunday Supper Movement
- Apple Granola Cookie Butter Toast by Palatable Pastime
- Cinnamon Toast Snack Mix by My Blissful Mess
- Fried Green Apples by Soulfully Made
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Pudding by My Life Cookbook
- How To Make Baked Apple Chips by Life Tastes Good
- Paleo Peach Muffins by Pies and Plots
- Whole30 Broccoli Cheese Muffins by Bites of Wellness
- Crispy Puffed Rice and Nut Clusters by Simple and Savory
- Mini Honey Donuts by NinjaBaker.com
- Nutty Pear Parfaits by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Surprise Inside Brownie Bites by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post13 Comments
Comments are closed.