By far the most common misconception of the gluten free diet is the expense. It does not need to break your bank to eat gluten free! The key is to focus on naturally gluten free items, because there are so many! Yes, the gluten free bread’s and processed foods can add up, so instead focus on meats and veggies. Naturally gluten free and healthy! This list of dinners will help you stay on your budget, without sacrificing taste!
Putting together recipe round ups is probably one of my favorite parts of blogging. I love trying new recipes, especially from fellow bloggers. So when I asked for suggestions for 10 dollar dinners, I really put them to the test. I made every recipe on the list. I either shop at publix or walmart, and all these dinners rang it at under 10 bucks! Please note, ingredients such as salt, olive oil, butter, common spices ect were not factored in since they are what I’d call an everyday kitchen item.
10 Dollar Dinners
1. Sausage and Potato Skillet by A Savory Feast Not only is this dinner a 10 dollar dinner, it is so easy to whip together! With minimal effort, you can have a tasty dinner on the table!
2. Ground Pork Carnitas by Renee’s Kitchen Adventure When it comes to sticking to a budget, ground pork is the perfect protein! These pork carnitas are lighter than your traditional taco, and I love a dinner that doesn’t leave me feeling bloated!
3. Easy Beef Lo Mein by Cricket’s Confections Besides ground pork, ground beef is probably the next cheapest protein. In our house, ground beef is king. I love this recipe because it tastes like Chinese take out, but you don’t have to wait for the delivery! Be sure to check out these other budget friendly ground beef recipes.
4. Sausage Potato and Green Bean Bake by Katie’s Cucina This recipe is similar to the first on this list, but the difference between baking and sauteing makes such a difference in the flavors. So, I had to include them both! My favorite part of this recipe is that I can assemble it the night or two before hand and keep it in the fridge. My favorite type of recipe!
5. Bacon Caprese Stuffed Portabella Mushrooms by Daily Dish Recipes These taste just like pizza and I LOVE pizza. (Just wait until next months’ round up if you don’t believe me) I love the using portabella mushrooms for the crust not only makes for a 10 dollar dinner, it’s healthier than that 14 dollar delivery pizza!
6. Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti by Cricket’s Confections This is probably the most popular recipe on my site to date. I love it because it eats so elegant no one will guess you’re making it to still to your budget!
7. Mango Lentil Dal by Fried Dandelions Vegetarian cooking is always a great way to stick to your budget. I love this one because there are so many different layers of flavor. While it’s definitely a 10 dollar dinner, it’s also a great meal prep lunch!
8. Burrito Bowl Stuff Peppers by Atheletic Avocado Before becoming gluten free burritos were a day off tradition. These stuffed peppers have all those flavors, but half the calories!
9. Spaghetti Squash and Clam Sauce by Cricket’s Confection Canned clams are such an underrated protein. So inexpensive yet packed with flavor and that perfect chew. This low carb version of one of my mom’s best recipes is always a hit!
10. Easy Taco Pie by Our Life Tastes Good With this recipe I have to sub out for corn tortillas, but I still stuck to my budget! The only issue with this recipe is I could probably eat the whole thing by myself, it’s that good!
11. Pink Beetroot Risotto by Sprinkles and Sprouts Not only is this a 10 dollar dinner, it is so beautiful! I love beets on everything, but they make such a pretty in pink risotto!
12. Pizza Quiche by Cricket’s Confections This is probably my favorite healthy pizza recipe! I add a little bite of cottage cheese to make it extra creamy and delicious!
13. Stuffed Chicken One Sheet Pan Meal by Slow the Cook Down Chicken wrapped in bacon stuffed with blue cheese, I mean I really don’t think I need to say more than that. So tasty! I great way to add flavor to those inexpensive boneless skinless chicken breasts!
14. Portobello Poblano Grain Bowls by The Kitchen Prep This is another vegetarian meal that eats so much richer than you’d expect. Those meaty portabellas really shine in this grain bowl!
15.Spaghetti and Meatball Soup by Cricket’s Confections Soup is another great way to stick to that budget. This one has all the flavors of spaghetti and meatballs but you get a little more bang for your buck by making it a soup!