Sometimes the most unusual combinations can be the most delicious. Now, peanut butter and pepperoni may not sounds like a likely pair, but they make for one tasty sandwich!
I know what you’re asking yourself, why did I ever eat this sandwich. If you follow my blog you know all about my little buddy Norah, she helped me test out the Sunshine’s Gluten Free Cookie Mixes. I think most parents will admit to eating their children’s leftovers, well the same holds true for nannies. Hate to break it to you, but if I’ve nannied your child I’ve probably eaten the cheese stick they decided they didn’t want after one bite. One day Norah was being indecisive with her dinner, ended up with peanut butter toast and a slice of pepperoni pizza. In the end she just decided to remove the pepperoni, put it on the toast, and just eat the pizza.
After wiping down sticky faces and clearing the table that piece of peanut butter toast with pepperoni was still there. Possibly because even two year old Norah thought it seemed like a strange combo, but I figured I’d give it a try. It was amazing, Norah is a culinary genius beyond her time. Before you ask the second question I get when I tell people about this sandwich, no I am not pregnant. Though I do also love peanut butter and pickles so who knows what crazy combination I’ll crave when I decide to have children.
Most people can’t get over the idea of this sandwich. Infact, my boyfriend and his step father both urged my not to post it, but I had to. This is honestly my go to sandwich. It’s so easy to make and loaded with protein. The key is only using a small about of peanut butter, that way it’s not all sticking to your mouth. My favorite bread to use Bfree Foods Brown Seeded Loaf, it reminiscent of whole wheat bread. The heartiness goes perfectly with my peanut butter and pepperoni.
- 2 Slices BFree Brown Seeded Bread
- Crunchy Peanut Butter
- Toast the bread
- Spread each side with a small amount of peanut butter
- Top with pepperoni
- Close sandwich and enjoy!
Simple Sandwich Recipes That Will Make You Love Lunch #SundaySupper
Any day ‘Wiches
- Breakfast Burrito Sandwich on the Go by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Choco Sandwich by Basic N Delicious
- Whole30 Sundried Tomato Turkey Sliders by Bites of Wellness
- Ham & Spinach Breakfast Sandwich by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Low Carb Breakfast Sandwich by Lowcarb-ology
- Matcha Ice Cream Teatime Sandwiches by NinjaBaker.com
- Maple Almond Ice Cream Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Spiedies by Positively Stacey
- Dark Chocolate Cherry Dessert Grilled Cheese by The Crumby Kitchen
Any time ‘Wiches
- BLFGT Sandwich (Bacon Lettuce Fried Green Tomato) by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sausage and Pepper Hoagies by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Dijon Mustard Glazed Juicy Pulled Pork Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Southern Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Biscuit Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
- Muffuletta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- California Club Sandwich Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Rachel by Our Good Life
- Smoked Salmon on Croissant by Palatable Pastime
- Chicken Salad Sandwich by Restless Chipotle
- Authentic Cuban Sandwich by Soulfully Made
- Utlimate veggie sandwich by Authentically Candace
- Tuna Bacon Salsa Wrap by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter and Pepperoni Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- Dill Pickle Bacon Grilled Cheese by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich by Healing Tomato
- Grilled Eggplant, Zucchini and Mushroom Sandwich by Mysavoryspoon
- Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich by Simple and Savory
- Italian Pressed Sandwich by Sunday Supper Movement
- Brie, Jam and Salami Sandwich by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Chicken Sandwich by The Freshman Cook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.