If there’s one thing I love, it’s an inexpensive dinner. Which is why I love hot dogs! Even the healthy no junk hot dogs are super cheap! While we do often eat gluten free mac and cheese with cut up hot dogs in it, nothing makes me feel less like an adult. So I love recipes like this Banh Mi Hot Dog that make my dog feel more sophisticated. For even more fancy dogs be sure to see what the rest of the #SundaySupper tastemakers are whipping up today at the bottom of the post!
While a Banh Mi Sandwich is delicious, roasting the pork and making pate is a long process. These quick Banh Mi Hot Dogs settle my craving for this tasty sandwich without any of the work! I just make a quick topping of some fresh herbs, grated carrots, radish, cucumbers and pickled jalapenos. While usually, I don’t like spice, all the fresh herbs really help balance out that kick. I love this Banh Mi Topping, because when I can’t find gluten free hot dogs I simply cut up my dog and eat it like a salad!
My secret ingredient that really adds a punch of flavor is a premade condiment called Yuzo Kosho. This Japanese condiment has notes of high citrus and a touch of spice that is perfect for these Banh Mi dogs. While I know a Banh Mi is not a Japanese sandwich, this condiment complements all those flavors perfectly. I buy mine at a local Asian Market, but it can also be found on Amazon (Yuzu Kosho – Japan) Not only is it great in the Banh Mi topping it’s also great in a marinade, especially for fish. But because careful, it’s potent! I just use 1/2 tsp and it really adds a kick!
- 1 Bunch Cilantro
- ½ Cup Sliced Cucumbers
- ¼ Cup Sliced Radishes
- 2 Tbsps Pickled Jalapenos
- ½ Cup Shredded Carrots
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Basil
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Mint
- ½ Tsp Yuzo Kosho
- 1 Pack Hot Dogs and Gluten Free Buns
Sunday Supper Creative Hot Dog Recipes
- Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Honey BBQ Hot Dogs by Home Sweet Homestead
- Hot Dog & Hamburger Cowboy Beans by Soulfully Made
- All American Hot Dog by The Freshman Cook
- Banh Mi Hot Dog by Cricket’s Confections
- Buffalo Hot Dogs by The Crumby Kitchen
- Copy Cat Detroit Coney Dogs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Matcha Ochazuke Hot Dog Rice by NinjaBaker.com
- Memphis Hot Dog by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Philly Mushroom Swiss Dog (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Sauerkraut Stuffed Dogs by Gourmet Everyday
- South of the Border Hot Dogs by My Blissful Mess
Tex Mex Dogs
- Chili Cheese Dog Baked Potatoes by Food Lust People Love
- Burrito Dogs by Our Good Life
- Hot Dog with Chili Sauce by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Taco Hot Dog is Nacho Regular Dog by Sunday Supper Movement
- Hot Dog Breakfast Tacos by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post6 Comments
Comments are closed.