These pinwheels are derived from my favorite childhood sandwich, ham and cream cheese on potato bread. I’ve neve been big into mayo or mustard, so cream cheese is usually my sandwich condiment on choice. However, since Life Taste’s Good got my on a low carb kick I’ve been looking for ways to make my favorite recipes low carb. Starting with these low carb ham pinwheels!
With #SundaySupper talking about easy picnic recipes, I know it was time to share these tasty low carb ham pinwheels with the world! Often you see pinwheels using tortillas, well I decided to ditch the pinwheels and just use ham. Plus, that’s where all the flavor and protein is anyways, the tortilla can just be empty calories sometimes.
While growing up it was always just ham and cream cheese in my sandwich, now I am all about those veggies. I like to add some sprouts to mine. I love the flavor and texture they add to the rolls. Adding a lettuce becomes hard to eat, the little sprouts make the perfect filling!
These are so simple to make, you really don’t need a recipe. Just take some deli ham and lay it out flat. The only key is to make sure it’s overlapping slightly so that the pinwheels wont fall apart. Then spread a thin layer of cream cheese. I always buy the kind with green onions, so it’s super flavorful. Then just top with sprouts and roll! I like to cut mine in slices right away and store in the fridge for a few days. This way I always have a healthy low carb snack on hand!
- 6 slices of deli ham
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- ½ cup sprouts
- Spread the ham out 2X3, but sure to over lap slightly
- Top with cream cheese and sprouts
- Roll tight
- Cut into 6 pieces
Best Picnic Recipes
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cream Cheese Slider Sandwiches by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Authentic German Potato Salad by Sunday Supper Movement
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Sweet and Sour Macaroni Deli Salad by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Banana Snack Cake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Hand Pies by Our Good Life
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Mixed Fruit Drink by Basic N Delicious
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post6 Comments
Comments are closed.