Happy Father’s Day! When it comes to father’s day recipes, grilling is always the first to come to my mind. Growing up my dad always did most of the grilling. Everything from burgers to salmon, the grill was always his turf. However, if I had to pick one recipe to share with my dad for the father’s day, it would be a dark and stormy! His grilling is great, but my dad makes the Best Dark and Stormy. With the #SundaySupper tastemakers sharing their best father’s day recipes, I thought I’d share my spin on a dark and stormy.Of course, I didn’t know my Dad made a great dark and stormy until a few years ago. Weirdly, he wasn’t offering them to me when we were growing up. I do, however, remember there often being ginger beer in the house. Especially when my parents best friends were in town. I now realize it was so the adults could make dark and stormys. But, as I kid I just loved getting to sip on that spicy soda! So much better than ginger ale!
Now that I’m older, I definitely prefer adding rum to my ginger beer too! Good rum, ginger beer, and lime is all you need to make the best dark and stormy. I love my Dad’s classic dark and stormy, but it can be a bit too strong for me. I like to sweeten mine with a touch of ginger simple syrup. It not only enhances that ginger flavor but helps the drink go down smoother. I also swap out the dark rum for a spiced rum, to lighten up that boozy taste! It gives it a lighter color and taste, which means you can drink a few more of them!
- 1 tsp Ginger Simple Syrup
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 shot Spiced Rum
- ¾ Cup Ginger Beer
- Combine all ingredients
- Pour over ice!
Sunday Supper Father’s Day Menu Ideas
Sides Dad Will Love
- Best Dark and Stormy by Cricket’s Confections
- Spanish Cheese Plate by Caroline’s Cooking
- Sweet and Spicy Arnold Palmer by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Mains for the Main Man
- Blue Cheese Bacon Burger with Crispy Onions Strings by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Chicken Fajita Burgers by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chili Cheese Omelet by Food Lust People Love
- Chinese Chicken Salad by Pies and Plots
- Cider Braised Pork Belly Tacos by Gourmet Everyday
- Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches by Soulfully Made
- Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Cilantro Pesto by Cooking Chat
- Jalapeno Cream Cheese Burger (The JCB) by This is How I Cook
- Korean BBQ Steak Bowls by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Out of a Can Chili by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Pork Chops With Brandied Cherries by Mysavoryspoon
Dad’s Favorite Desserts
- Banana Coconut Chocolate Chip Brownies by Desserts Required
- Chocolate Tofu Cupcakes by NinjaBaker.com
- Devils Food Strawberry Shortcake by The Freshman Cook
- Simple Fudgy Brownies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Snickery Springform Cookie by What Smells So Good?
The Best Recipes You Need Now for Father’s Day by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.