When it comes to campfire cooking, it’s all about keeping it simple. But, simple doesn’t mean boring. This recipe for Campfire Corn and Tomatoes is the perfect cookout veggie. With corn to make up the starch of meal and tomato and leeks for your veggie, it’s the perfect side for all your summer grilling.
While, I’ll admit, I’m not a big camping fan. My boyfriend and I spent 6 months living in a 300 foot camper once. And in that time I got very good at campfire cooking! We had two burners that didn’t work very well, and an oven that couldn’t even fit a whole chicken! Most of our meals were cooked outside over the coals. Which is when I feel in love with this campfire corn! Even if now that we’ve got a full kitchen, whenever we’re grilling in the backyard campfire corn and tomatoes is my go-to side dish.
This week’s #SundaySupper is all about the summer barbecue! In my house no BBQ is complete without this campfire corn! The best part is how easy it comes together! I start mine off when a tablespoon of butter, but when actually camping I have sauteed the leeks in pan spray! That way you’re not traveling with too many perishable ingredients. (Pan spray is also a great way to get that fire roaring!) Once the leeks start to break down, I add my cherry tomatoes to really release their flavor. Then all you have to do is dump in the corn and you’re ready to go!
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Leeks, Cleaned and Sliced
- ½ Pint Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 1 14.5 oz Can Corn
- Parsley or Chives to garnish
- Place skillet on hot coals or grill
- Melt butter
- Add leeks and saute
- After a few minutes add tomatoes
- Once tomatoes start to break down add the corn
- Season with salt and add herbs
Sunday Supper Easy BBQ Recipes
Best Burgers and Sandwiches
- Barbecue Rib Burgers with Low Carb Sauce by My Life Cookbook
- Caribbean Jerk Chicken Burgers by Simple and Savory
- Guava-Ale BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwich by Gourmet Everyday
- Turkapple Burgers with Yumback Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Grill Master Mains
- Grilled Red Snapper with Cilantro and Onion Stuffing by Food Lust People Love
- Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Homemade Coleslaw by A Mind Full Mom
- Spicy Grilled Leg of Lamb by Sunday Supper Movement
Mop Worthy Sauces
- Blueberry Sriracha Barbecue Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade “End of Season” Ketchup by What Smells So Good?
Searing Starters and Sides
- Campfire Corn and Tomatoes by Cricket’s Confections
- Grilled Lime Beer Ritas with Smoky Lime Salt by Our Good Life
- Honey Chipotle BBQ Wings by Soulfully Made
- Pork Satay with Peanut Sauce by Asian In America
- All-American Pie Shooter Trio by The Crumby Cupcake
- Flourless Fudge Brownies by Pies and Plots
- Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone by Caroline’s Cooking
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini No Bake Coconut Cheescakes by Jonesin’ For Taste
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post15 Comments
Comments are closed.