Is there anything better than a one-bite snack that is packed with flavor? For #SundaySupper this week we are taking about one bite masterpieces. I particularly love one bite desserts, that way you can satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt of a huge portion. And with my healthy meringue bites with raspberry yogurt, there’s no guilt at all!
They say recipe inspiration can come from the strangest places, and that is definitely true! This recipe was inspired by one of my good friend Isla’s favorite snacks. Sure Isla may not even be two, but she’s one of my favorite people in the world. I started nannying for Isla when she was three months, and she quickly wormed her way into my heart. She has a typical toddler palate, lots of toast and noodles. But she loves her oogies. And by oogies she means dehydrated yogurt bites, obviously. I’ll have to admit, they taste pretty darn good! (Not that I eat her food while watching her..) So I wanted to make them myself. Since I don’t have a dehydrator I decided to combine my yogurt with a meringue and bake. The results were amazing!
While generally, I try to avoid refined sugar, I do think it’s necessary to get that proper meringue. However, I only add a tablespoon to just get that good whip. Most of the flavor comes from the raspberry yogurt. For the raspberry yogurt I combine equal parts raspberry and Greek yogurt in a blender and strain out the seeds. This way I know there’s no added sugar in the yogurt. I add some of the yogurt to the meringue before spreading it on the sheet pan and baking. Then I save some more to sandwich between two crispy meringue pieces. For one beautiful bite!
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Tbsp Sugar
- ½ Tsp Vanilla
- ⅓ Cup Raspberry Yogurt
- Puree yogurt with raspberry, strain out any seeds, set aside
- Whip egg whites, vanilla, and sugar until stiff peaks
- Fold in raspberry yogurt
- Bake at 300F for 1 hour, or until crispy, rotating every 30 minutes
- Cool to room temp, break into pieces
- Sandwich with remainder of raspberry yogurt directly before serving
Sunday Supper Small Bites Recipes for Entertaining
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventues
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post10 Comments
Comments are closed.