This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
Summer is almost here, which means it’s time to get grilling! With Memorial Day around the corner, it’s the perfect time of the year to light some charcoal and cook outside! Grilling is by far my favorite way to cook. You can create so many delicious and healthy dinners. When it comes to summer BBQ’s ribs are essential. This easy recipe combines tender Smithfield® ribs with my whole30 BBQ sauce. This way these ribs are completely paleo, but still finger licking good!
While I love all Smithfield Fresh Pork products, in summer ribs are king! They are always in stock at my local Walmart. I love that I can buy all my BBQ needs in one place! Smithfield adds no hormones or steroids to their pork, so I always feel good feeding them to my friends and family. I also love that their ribs are hand trimmed, that way there is less work for me! I bought the baby back ribs and with little effort on my part they were tender and delicious! Smithfield® is on a mission to #GetGrillingAmerica, and I couldn’t agree more. Not only does grilling create delicious meals, it’s way more fun than cooking inside. I love sitting by our charcoal fire pit and entering friends, the perfect summer day! Check out the Smithfield® Get Grilling America Site for a chance to win $5,000 or lots of other great summer prizes! Here’s a look at how the chefs at Smithfield® make their ribs, be sure to scroll to the recipe at the bottom to see how I make my whole30 ribs!
Tips For Cooking Ribs
- Make sure the coals are white hot before adding the ribs
- Wrap the ribs in foil, this helps to lock in steam and moisture for a tender and delicious rib
- Add a small amount of water to foil to help create steam within
- If using a dry rub make sure they’re fully seasoned before going into the foil packet
- Make the foil as tight as possible to lock in all that steam and flavor
- Once ribs are fully cooked remove from the foil to get those delicious grill marks
- If using a BBQ sauce now is the time to add it. This way the sauce can caramelize on the outside of the rib
No matter how experienced you are on the grill, with these tips and Smithfield® ribs, you can make some incredible ribs! To learn even more about Smithfield Fresh Pork, be sure to check out their website and follow them on social media.
- 1 Rack Smithfield® Baby Back Ribs
- 1½ Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1½ Tsp Cumin
- 1½ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1½ Tsp Onion Powder
- 1½ Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1½ Tsp Salt or Smoked Salt
- 1 Cup Whole30 BBQ Sauce
- Combine spices
- Rub ribs with spices
- Wrap ribs with foil, add ½ cup water before sealing
- Place directly onto hot coals or above them on the actual grill
- Cook for 3-5 hours until fork tender
- Brush the BBQ sauce onto the ribs
- Grill until sauce is caramelized and delicious, about 5-15 minutes
Comments on this post8 Comments
Comments are closed.