Inspired by 30 Rock this Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich has everything you want in a sandwich. Gooey cheese, crunchy veggies, savory meats, and of course the best part: potato chips!
Liz Lemon Sandwich
I can’t take credit for the Liz Lemon Sandwich, it was of course was inspired by Liz Lemon on 30 Rock. So thank you, Tina Fey for creating my favorite sandwich! If you don’t have time to go binge watch all of 30 Rock before scrolling down to the recipe, here is a great list of reasons why I love Liz Lemon. But the real reason is for the sandwiches she wants someone to name after her containing: turkey, pastrami, swiss, Russian dressing, coleslaw and potato chips.
I have a confession to make, I feel in love with this sandwich before ever watching 30 Rock. I was spoiled when I lived in Martha’s Vineyard because every sandwich place had gluten free bread. One of these sandwiches places served the Liz Lemon, not knowing who she was, I saw potato chips IN the sandwich and knew I needed one. It become a day off tradition. In fact, my boyfriend has often said I look happiest when eating a Liz Lemon sandwich. If you’ve followed my blog for awhile you may remember my first bio photo. Well, that sandwich I’m stuffing into my mouth? The last Liz Lemon I ever had on Martha’s Vineyard.
When I found out the #SundaySupper theme this week was gourmet grilled cheese theme, I knew it was time to make a Liz Lemon Sandwich! Thanks to our host A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures there is a list of incredible grilled cheese recipes at the bottom of the post. Since we’re making our grilled cheese’s gourmet I decided to swap out the pastrami and turkey for my Pastrami Roasted Turkey Drumsticks. My goodness am I glad I did! I grilled my sandwich open faced, that way I could easily add the coleslaw and potato chips without them getting soggy.
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Slices Gluten Free Bread
- 1 Tbsp Russian Dressing
- 4 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 Ounce Pastrami Turkey
- 2 Tbsp Coleslaw
- Handful Potato Chips
- Melt better in skillet
- Spread Russian dressing on bread
- Top with cheese then turkey
- Add bread to skillet
- Grilled until cheese in melted (goes faster if you cover the pan)
- Add coleslaw and chips
- Close sandwich and enjoy!
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
Not You Average ‘Wiches
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- How to Make Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon, Apple, Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post13 Comments
Comments are closed.