Dessert doesn’t have to break the diet. This healthy parfait is easy to whip together and filled with healthy ingredients like yogurt and turmeric.
I tried to avoid it for a long time, but I’ve finally jumped on the brunch bandwagon. Now, I don’t mean going out to brunch and spending half my paycheck on bloody marys. What I mean is hosting brunch! Hosting a brunch is so much cheaper than hosting a dinner, and I’m all about saving money. This recipe for healthy parfait with yogurt and turmeric is the perfect sweet addition to any brunch.
Using yogurt as the base of these parfaits also sneaks in some protein to make them even healthier! I use my favorite yogurt, Stonyfield grass field Greek yogurt. I love all of the Stonyfield products, but I also love them for what a great company they are! I’m very excited to tell you that Stonyfield has chosen to be a B Corp Company. To celebrate their new corporation they’ve sent their Clean Plate Club bloggers lots of B Corp goodies; including an awesome recycled tooth brush from Preserve from I’m sure you’re asking why you would care what type of corporation they are. But here is why:
- They have to meet rigorous standards of social and environmental performance. Which means they’re doing their part to take care of the planet. I like this because I don’t want to have to relocate to Mars anytime soon.
- They have high standards of employee care. Everyone who has ever had a job can appreciate the importance of good employee care.
- They’ve joined us 1,600 Certified B Corps from 42 countries and over 120 industries working together toward 1 unifying goal: to redefine success in business. B Corps are better companies – better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment.
I thought it would be fun to create a brunch showcasing some B-Corp companies, now that I know how important they are. In my mind brunch needs a carb, I love something light and fruity. I whipped together a batch of my Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf using King Arthur’s gluten free flour blend. I, of course made, some eggs. Brunch is not complete without eggs. I used Pete and Gary’s organic eggs, they are so flavorful! You’ll have to stay tuned for my Green Scrambled Eggs and Ham recipe I’ll be posting this Sunday!
My favorite part of the brunch was delicious the healthy parfaits, you won’t believe how easy they are! To flavor my yogurt I steeped some Pukka Turmeric Glow in my heavy cream. I love turmeric, I think it adds a perfect earthiness with a touch of sweetness to any dish. I really wanted to get as much of the tea flavor as possible, so I used my hands to wring out the tea bag. This can stain your hands and leave them smelling like tea, I just wash them quick with some Method Kitchen Gel Soap.
Once my turmeric cream is cooled I whip it into a fluffy whipped cream, and then gently fold together with my grass fed yogurt. Here’s my secret, I use the fruit and yogurt combo cups. I just scoop the fruit part into the bottom of the shot glasses and top with whipped yogurt, how easy is that?! Of course, of parfait would not be complete with out something crunchy. I love to use Purely Elizabeth Granola for this. I love the individual bags, perfect for making mini parfaits!
- ⅓ Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Turmeric Glow Tea Bag
- 2 Stonyfield Grass Feed Greek Yogurt and Fruit Cups
- 1 Individual Bag of Purely Elizabeth Granola
- Microwave heavy cream for 1 minutes
- Add tea bag and let steep in fridge until cooled completely
- Remove tea bag and whip until fluffy
- Mix yogurt
- Spoon fruit portion of yogurt cup on the bottom of glasses
- Top with the yogurt mixture
- Sprinkle Granola on top
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored posts but all opinions are honest and my own.