Saint Patricks Day is around the corner. Time to bring out all the Irish recipes, I’ve created this list of 10 incredible and gluten free Irish recipes perfect for those Saint Patty’s Day celebrations.
I always loved Saint Patrick’s Day, maybe it’s the red hair or that my birth name is actually Erin or that green used to be my favorite color. I remember being in college my two best friends and I were all gingers, so we LOVED to celebrate our Irish roots! Back then that meant one thing, lots of beer. Now that I’m being a bit healthier, and gluten free, I’m looking for other ways to celebrate the holiday. I’ve created a list of 10 delicious gluten free Irish recipes to enjoy instead of hitting the beer a bit too hard!
- Shepard’s Pie Skillet – Our Life Tastes Good When it comes to Irish food Shepard’s Pie is what comes to mind. This recipe easy to make and loaded with flavor. Serving it in the skillet makes a beautiful presentation for a St.Patty’s party.
- Garlic Parmesan Colcannon – Raia’s Recipes Now I consider myself pretty Irish, but really did not know much about their food before starting this quest. This is my new favorite side dish! It combines two of my favorite things to make one creamy and delicious side!
- Irish Bangers Skillet – Garlic and Zest I love one pan dinners, and this is my kind of meal. Lots of veggies and some protein, not to mention a ton of flavor.
- Slow Cooker Irish Lamb Stew – Cooking Chat I love a good slow cooker recipe, and this one is comfort food at it’s max. If you’re intimidated to cook lamb at home this is the recipe for you. It’s so tender and delicious, warms the soul!
- Irish Soda Bread Gluten Free – My Gluten-Free Kitchen Growing up we always ate my dad’s Irish soda bread recipe. He made it for a school project the recipe had a B+ on it, but I’d give it an A. This gluten free recipe tastes just like that family recipe!
- Corned Jackfruit – Fried Dandelions Jackfruit is a new favorite of mine, I had only ever had it in BBQ sauce before, but this recipe is genius. Vegan or not it’s a fun way to spice up that corned beef routine.
- Ginger Beer Saurkraut – Cricket’s Confections I love Saurkraut, and those probiotics are great for gut health. If you don’t always like kraut this is a great recipe to try because the ginger beer gives it a level of sweetness you don’t usually find in a saurkraut.
- The Ultimate Green Panini – Vegetarian Gastronomy So this recipe may not technically be Irish, but it’s so green I had to add it. Plus I grew up eating Green Eggs and Ham for St.Patty’s day and I’m pretty sure that has nothing to do with the Irish. If you want a healthy and festive sandwich then this is for you.
- Irish Scallop Bisque – Beyond Mere SustenanceIf I had to pick a favorite food, it might be scallops. Their sweet and meaty, subtly salty the perfect seafood. This bisque is so rich and delicious and really makes you feel luxurious.
- Dublin Coddle – The Crumby Cupcake While firstly, Coddle is just a fun word so you know it’s going to be a great recipe. This Irish stew is simple and comforting evertyhing you’d want from a good Irish meal.
Comments on this post8 Comments
Comments are closed.