These Paleo Coconut Turmeric are a delicious low sugar treat. The subtly sweet dough rolled in shredded coconuts makes for a soft and amazing cookie.
It is no secret in my house that I am a huge cookie monster. The more cookies, the better! Often my inner cookie monster leads to bad snacking choices, so I love to keep healthy cookies on hand. These coconut turmeric cookies are paleo and have no refined sugar, just some coconut palm sugar!
While I don’t strictly follow a Paleo diet I am a fan of this new trend. Since all paleo recipes are gluten free, it means more gluten free recipes for me to try! In fact, some of my favorite recipes are paleo: spaghetti squash and clam sauce, whole30 BBQ sauce, paleo chicken nuggets, maple coffee breakfast sausage just to name a few. I love the focus on high protein, I think that’s a very important aspect of a healthy diet.
If you like a good sweet and savory balance, these cookies are for you. The turmeric provides a warmth of savory spice while the coconut has that delicious sweetness. Easy to make these slice and bake cookies will have everyone going back for more!
Fun Facts about Turmeric:
- Turmeric has great anti-inflammatory properties
- It works as a great antioxidant in the body
- Helps to lower your chances of heart disease and certain cancers
- Studies show turmeric can help fight depression (in my experience so do cookies)
- The plant turmeric is derived from can grow 3 feet tall and blooms in August
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, Melted
- ⅓ Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Egg White
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- ¼ Cup Tapioca Starch
- ¼ Cup Coconut Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Turmeric
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Shredded Coconut
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- Whisk together coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, honey, egg white
- Add all ingredients except shredded coconut
- Shape dough into a log
- Roll in shredded coconut
- Chill for 30 minutes
- Cut into 12 cookies
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes