When it comes to breakfasts, I like them nice and easy with few dishes. This Cheesy Oven Omelette with Ham couldn’t be easier. Just throw it in the oven and you’re 30 minutes for one delicious meal!
Now if you follow #SundaySupper you’re probably confused as to why I’m posting this oven omelette recipe today. With our host, Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks, were celebrating Easy Supper recipes. I must confess, my family doesn’t eat Sunday Supper together. With everyone’s hectic schedules Sunday night’s never worked for everyone. Instead, we started Saturday breakfast. It’s the same spirit of Sunday Supper, just a bit earlier in the day, this baked egg dish is perfect for those lazy mornings.
Even though typically a breakfast dish, an oven omelette makes for a great easy supper recipe as well. We love having dinner for breakfast. Not only does it taste great, but eggs are such an inexpensive, yet filling, protein. This omelette is extra cheesy thanks to some Cabot Alpine Cheddar. This cheese melts perfectly in the omelette and is best friends with the savory ham!
I’ve got two secret ingredients when it comes to oven omlettes. The first is cottage cheese, this helps to thicken the mixture making it extra delicious. Also, people often want to make oven omlettes by hand, but mixing them in the blender is what makes them so light and fluffy. Adding the cottage cheese forces you do blend it, in order to smooth out those chunks. The other secret ingredient? Nutmeg! Grate some whole nutmeg in eggs to really make them pop with flavor!
- 10 Eggs
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese
- ½ Cup Skim Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- ¼ Garlic Powder
- 1 Cup Shredded Alpine Cheddar
- 1 Cup Diced Ham
- Using a blender mix all but last two until smooth (using a blend helps make it nice and fluffy)
- Add cheese and ham
- Pour mixture until greased 9X9 pan
- Bake at 350F for 30-40 minutes or until set
- Chicken Enchiladas by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Chicken Scarpariello by Sunday Supper Movement
- Honey Mustard Chicken & Rice Pilaf by Wholistic Woman
- Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts and Vegetables by Simple and Savory
- Pineapple Chicken Stir-Fry by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Roast Chicken by Monica’s Table
- Bucatini with Spinach Pesto by The Chef Next Door
- Chicken Marsala Lasagna Rollups by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Extra Cheesy Stuffed Shells by Positively Stacey
- Quick Chicken Piccata by The Redhead Baker
- Apple Mustard Pork Tenderloin by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cheesy Oven Omelette With Ham by Cricket’s Confections
- Cranberry Orange Pork Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Sweet and Garlicky Slow Cooker Pulled Pork by Family Foodie
Sheet Pan Suppers
- Dijon Salmon Sheet Pan Dinner by Casa de Crews
- Ranch Sheet Pan Pork Dinner by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Sheet Pan Roasted Chicken Thighs Provencal Style by Delaware Girl Eats
Soup and Sandwich Suppers
- Chicken and Cheese Pita Sandwiches by Pies and Plots
- Chicken Chili by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Marinara Panini by The Freshman Cook
Stove Top Suppers
- Arroz con Coco y Lentejas – Coconut Rice with Lentils by Food Lust People Love
- Asian Tuna Noodle Bowls by Cooking Chat
- Haluski (Cabbage and Noodles) by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Healthy Quinoa Japanese Donburi Bowl by NinjaBaker.com
- One Pot Braised Lamb Shoulder Chops and Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Slow Cooker Chicken Ratatouille Stew by My Life Cookbook
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Comments on this post26 Comments
Comments are closed.