There are some foods that are so good on their own you don’t need to do much to them. That’s how I feel about Florida Strawberries, just three healthy ingredients make one refreshing, Healthy Strawberry Sauce.
I’m very excited about #SundaySupper this week because we are pairing with Florida Strawberries! When I moved to Florida I didn’t know anything about Florida strawberries, but now I can’t get enough of them. I love strawberries, but hate those huge out of season berries that you can find in the grocery store year round. I worked with a woman who called them “Corporate Strawberries,” I think that is the perfect description for those flavorless berries. I refuse to eat those corporate berries, but lucky for me it’s Florida Strawberry season right now! From November to March I can get delicious, ruby red berries that are grown only a county over! I even went to the strawberry fields to get the beautiful berries in this recipe! Though, when I don’t feel like driving to Plant City I love being able to buy them in the grocery store. To learn more about Florida Strawberries be sure to follow their social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Youtube!
I know what you’re thinking, what the heck is Goopy Goop?! It’s only one of the most popular desserts from my house growing up. My mom used to buy those frozen berries in syrup, they’re goopy and delicious and became known as Goopy Goop in our house. I wish I could tell you this was a name my sister and I created as toddlers, but I’m pretty sure we were around middle school age when we started referring to it as Goopy Goop. Family recipes just taste more delicious around the holidays. Even though I may not get to see my family this Christmas, thanks to Florida Strawberries I can recreate one of our favorite dishes!
While the frozen stuff is delicious, is basically packed in corn syrup. Since Florida Strawberries have some many health benefits, why would I want to cover them in sugar! I mean did you know just eight strawberries have more vitamin C than in orange?! The USDA also says strawberries help fight cancer and heart disease, so many reasons to eat these tasty berries! Instead of piling on the sugar, I just cook my strawberries down with a touch of raw honey, the thick kind that you must scoop out with a spoon. Florida strawberries are so juicy and sweet you don’t want to cover that beautiful flavor with sugar!
This healthy strawberry sauce can be used so many different ways. Growing up it was always served with Cool Whip, or Whoop Whoop as we called it. Yup, Goopy Goop and Whoop Whoop was a common dessert in our house. However, when I’m trying to be healthy I’ll just serve it with some greek yogurt! I love when healthy snacks taste like a decadent dessert and these definitely do! Though, if you don’t feel like being healthy pile it one some strawberry shortcake or my personal favorite vanilla ice cream!
- 2 Cups Strawberries, Chopped
- ½ Cup Water
- 2 Teaspoon Raw Honey
- ½ Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 Cups Strawberries, Quartered
- Add chopped berries, water, and honey to a sauce pot
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes, until strawberries are extremely tender
- Transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth
- Add apple cider vinegar
- Pour hot strawberry sauce over quartered berries
- Chill in the fridge at least 30 minutes
You don’t have to take my word for how amazing Florida Strawberries are, you can try them yourself and enter their huge giveaway. Starting Monday, December 12, 2016 until February 12th they’re giving away free Florida Strawbery Caps, all you have to do is post a picture of Florida Strawberries. You can submit directly from their website or on social media using the hashtag #FLStrawberryCap. In addition to winning a cap, one grand prize winner will get a trip for four to view the amazing Florida strawberry fields! The best part? You can enter for the grand prize as many times as you want! They are hand selecting their favorite #FLStrawberryCap image so be creative and have fun!
Check out even more delicious Florida Strawberry recipes!
- Balsamic Strawberry Brie Bites by Casa de Crews
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle Sauce by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Savory Strawberry Crostini by Cooking Chat
- Strawberry Apple Salsa by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Strawberry Hummus by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Covered Strawberries by Desserts Required
- Classic Eton Mess by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fresh Strawberry Pie by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Goopy Goop – A Healthy Strawberry Sauce by Cricket’s Confections
- Strawberry Bundt Cake by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry Layer Cake with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting by Family Around The Table
- Grilled Balsamic Strawberry & Chicken Kabobs by Books n’ Cooks
- Grilled Fish Topped with Strawberry Salsa by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Strawberry BBQ Shredded Chicken by The Crumby Cupcake
- Strawberry and Arugula Pizza by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Strawberry Balsamic Brie Grilled Cheese by Authentically Candace
- Strawberry Almond Couscous by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Bread by An Appealing Plan
- Strawberry Bruschetta Side Salad by April Golightly
- Strawberry Coleslaw by Family Foodie
- Strawberry Pecan Salad with Honey Balsamic Dressing by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.