When it comes to Thanksgiving Green Bean Casserole is the quintessential side. Dialing down family holidays to serving two can be stressful, so I’ve done that part for you. This Cheesy Green Bean Casserole For Two is the perfect size for your intimate Thanksgiving meal,
I remember the first Thanksgiving my boyfriend and I spent together. We were living in Charleston and didn’t have the time off or money to go visit either of our families for the holiday. Thanksgiving is his favorite holiday, and I love cooking us big dinners so I knew we still wanted to celebrate. I was newly gluten free and looking for recipes of all my favorites, but trying to make them gluten free and only feed two people was so stressful. In the end we had way to much food, and lots of waste. While this year I am lucky enough to be living near lots of family and know my holiday will be surrounded by them. I wanted to share this two person recipe for those who aren’t.
The Secret Ingredient:
What helps to make this dish cheesy and delicious is the Laughing Cow Wedges. This is one of my favorite snacks. I buy them at Costco, so they’re always in the house. Mixing them with a small amount of Pacific Cream of Chicken Soup makes for the perfect base of the this cheesy green bean casserole.
- ½ Pound Fresh Green Beans
- 3 Tablespoons Minced Onion
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 2 Laughing Cow Swiss Cheese Wedges
- 1 Tablespoon Ranch Powder
- ½ Cup Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Tablespoons Shredded Cheese
- 2 Tablespoon Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- Blanch the green beans in boiling water about 3 minutes
- Shock in ice water until cold
- Mix with onion, garlic, laughing cow, ranch powder, and cream of chicken soup
- Add mixture to a greased oven safe container
- Cover in bread crumbs and shredded cheese
- Bake 350F for about 25 minutes or until hot through
Comments on this post6 Comments
Comments are closed.