These Mini Beef Wellingtons take the tradition french meal and make them a fun bite sized snack. Perfect for all of your part needs.
Sure dinner parties are fun, but the snack monster in me loves cocktail parties. I love getting together with friends and sharing some small plates and tapas. There is something so satisfying about eating with your fingers and getting to try so many different snacks. In my house we are big beef eaters so these mini Beef Wellingtons are the perfect party snack for us.
Puff pastry is the perfect canvas for tapas, did you know they even make gluten free puff pastry? I recently bought some from a health store near my house, but you can also order it on the Gluten Free Mall’s website. When I heard Florida Beef was hosting #SundaySupper this week I knew I had to break out the Wellies! Beef is such a versatile ingredient; not only does it add protein to these babies, but, it adds such a richness in the flavor. Who saying steak’s only for grilling! I think it makes the perfect small bite!
I hated mushrooms for the longest time, but now I can’t get enough of them and they’re such a filling, low calorie food. The beef adds high amounts of zinc, iron, and vitamins B6 and B12, along with other key vitamins and minerals, that I almost don’t feel guilty about the fatty foie gras in these Wellies. Don’t be intimidated, the foie gras can be left out, but if you enjoy delicious things you don’t want to skip it. This recipe uses filet, which is such a lean cut of meat, only 10 grams of fat per 3 ounces, that pairing it with foie gras is no worse for you than basting a steak in butter!
Rich beef, earthy mushrooms, fatty foie gras, flaky pastry; is your mouth watering yet? I love to smear some dijon mustard on a plate, top it with the beef wellingtons and some green onions. Just use your fingers and dip away! For even more amazing Florida Beef recipes be sure to follow them on social media: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and Youtube!
- 2 Sheets Gluten Free Puff Pastry
- 1.5 Cup Button Mushrooms, Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Red Onion, Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Thyme
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Red Wine Vinegar
- 6 oz Filet
- 2 oz Foie Gras
- Saute mushrooms, garlic and red onion in olive oil until golden brown (about 12 minutes)
- Add butter, vinegar and thyme
- Let cool to room temp, chop into small pieces
- Season steak with salt and sear on both sides about 3 minutes (should still be very rare)
- Dice steak in small pieces
- Dice foie gras into equal size pieces
- Combine steak, mushrooms, and foie gras
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 9 squares
- Divide steak mixture between the squares
- Roll pastry into balls
- Brush with egg wash
- Bake at 350F for about 20 minutes until pastry is golden
This post is sponsored by Florida Beef Council in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Want more awesome beef recipes? See what the rest of #SundaySupper is cooking up!
- Balsamic Steak and Grilled Peach Salad by Casa de Crews
- Beef and Cheddar Risotto by My World Simplified
- Beef, Brie and Onion Jam Canapes by Family Around The Table
- Creamy Polenta with Shredded Beef Braised in a Tomato Wine Sauce by Girl Abroad
- Grilled Steak Fajita Quinoa Bowls by Katie’s Cucina
- Joe’s Special by Family Foodie
- Korean Bibimbap by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mini Beef Wellingtons by Cricket’s Confections
- Roast Beef Sliders topped with Smoked Gouda and Caramelized Onions by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs Bowl by Having Fun Saving and Cooking
- Steak & Farro Rainbow Salad by Go Epicurista
- Steak and Eggs Benedict Crostini by Life Tastes Good
- Steak Frites by April Golightly
- Thai Noodle Steak Salad by Dessert Geek
- Vaca Frita Rice Bowl by Love and Confections
- Speaking Beef: A Handy Guide to International Beef Cuts by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.