This Green Bean Salad is the perfect side for all your BBQ needs. Pickled onions, fresh green beans, sweet fennel, and crunchy almonds. This is one refreshing salad.
I’ll admit I’m terrible healthy blogger, I don’t really like salad. Every once and I awhile I love a nice big salad with lots of components. But most days? I really don’t want a bowl of lettuce, it’s just never satisfying enough. I do love salads that ditch the lettuce, and this green bean salad is perfect for that.
Summer is the time for BBQ’s and this is a super easy recipe you can bring along with you anywhere you go. Lighter than a typical 3 bean salad its a great way to change up your BBQ routine. Blanched green beans paired with fennel and pickled onions topped with Marcona Almonds its the perfect side dish!
- ½ Pound Green Beans
- ½ Cup Pickled Onions
- 1 Cup Shaved Fennel
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Dill
- 2 Tablespoons Marcona Almonds
- Cut the ends off green beans then cut in half
- Blanch in salted water for about 3 minutes
- Run under cold water to stop cooking process
- Mix with remaining ingredients
- Season with salt as needed
- Top with almonds