How is it August already? As many of you know this is my first summer living in Florida. I’m trying to adjust to the heat and humidity, but for the most part I’m just a whiny sweat ball staying in the air conditioning. Cooking during the day just seems impossible right now. So I’ve put together a list of summer salads to fill you up for the days where cooking just doesn’t seem like an option.
I’m not always a big salad eater, I find they can get repetitive after awhile. To me a salad needs to have lots of components and different textures. So I set out to Pinterest on the quest to find the perfect summer salad. Here are 10 of my favorites!
- Greek Chick Pea Salad– Amuse-Your-Bouche I love this salad because it is so much more filling than just a salad. With no lettuce and mostly chick peas this salad is a perfect lunch. Between the chic peas, feta, onions, and olives there are so many great flavors and textures to this salad.
- Pineapple- Jicama Salad– The Kitchen Prep This salad is so fun and flavorful. It’s similar to a slaw, but I love to eat a big bowl of it. The combination of fruits and vegetables in this salad makes it so refreshing. I topped mine with some shrimp, it was a perfect lunch.
- BLT Chopped Salad With Avocado– Wishes N Dishes Lets face it, if there’s one way to make everything in the world better, it’s adding bacon. So a BLT salad is right up my ally and the avocado adds such a nice creaminess to the salad. My favorite part though is the corn, adds a sweet touch making the salad almost addicting!
- Spring Salad with Pickled Blueberries– Cricket’s ConfectionsThis is one of my go to salads at home. I love the addition of pickled onions and blueberry, it add so much flavor. A great way to showcase some beautiful summer greens right from the garden.
- Crunchy Beet and Arugula Salad – The Crumby Cupcake I love love love beets, especially pickled beets! I could eat them all day, but pair them with grapes, walnuts, apples, and arugula and then toss them in a avocado lime dressing? Well that’s just heaven in a bowl!
- Spinach Breakfast Salad– Our Life Tastes Good I am always trying to get vegetables into my breakfast, but a salad? That had never occurred to me. Just look at the yolk, look at it? You want it don’t you. Oh yeah, and warm bacon vinaigrette do I really need to say more?
- Fresh Fiesta Salad– Buy This Cook That One of my favorite party snacks is a 7 layer Mexican dip. This salad is so reminiscent of that, except way healthier. It’s also a good alternate for me on Taco Tuesday when it’s too hot to cook!
- Warm Steak and Tomato and Mozzarella Salad– Family Foodie Now, if you’re not a big salad person I’d say this is a good place to start. To me this is a perfect summer dinner, a nice filling steak paired with a tasty light salad. I love when a recipe has so few ingredients and so much bold flavor.
- Bahn Mi Salad– Cupcakes & Kale Chips A Bahn Mi is probably my favorite sandwich, meaty, spicy, pickley it’s really got it all. But being gluten free means giving up many favorite sandwiches, so you can bet I was excited to see this salad version. I also love the use of ground pork, it’s such an affordable protein that’s often over looked. This is a tasty and cheap lunch, what could be better?
- Spicy Yogurt Cucumber Salad– Amuse-Your-Bouche This salad is so simple to make, but so tasty. I also love that this salad can sit in the fridge for a few days. Make a big batch and then eat it throughout the week.
There you have it, 10 incredibly delicious salads for these hot summer days. If you think you don’t like salad this list might have you thinking twice!
Comments on this post3 Comments
Comments are closed.