Granola is the perfect breakfast, crunchy and loaded with flavor. This Blueberry Granola is sweetened only using maple syrup, making it a healthy way to start your morning.
Granola is something I never cared for growing up. It was like weird dry cereal for adults. I just wanted my Reese’s Puffs. It’s crazy how much your tastes can change. Now I hate those sugar cereals but love a good granola loaded with dried fruits and nuts. This recipe definitely takes the cake when it comes to easy and delicious granola recipes.
Don’t get me wrong, there are many granola’s that are just as unhealthy as those Reese’s Puffs are. However this recipe is only sweetened using maple syrup so it’s free of any refined sugar. The maple combined with the blueberries gives this dish all the sweetness you need. I also love to add fresh fruit to granola, so there’s really no need for white sugar.
I cannot take the credit for this recipe; all the credit here goes to Instinctive Motherhood. You may ask why as I single 25 year old with no children I follow so many mommy blogs? Well, after years nanny I love reading funny stories about the crazy things kids do. Also, she’s got lots of great recipes. Us gluten free gals have got to stick together!
- Serves: 10 portions
- Serving size: 100 g
- Calories: 384
- Fat: 22 g
- Sugar: 11.5 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 7.8 g
- 4 cups gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp fine pink himalayan salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup dried blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly oil a large rimmed baking sheet with coconut oil
- Mix oats, cashews, salt and cinnamon together in a large bowl
- Pour in the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Mix well. Each oat and nut should be lightly coated
- Pour granola into your greased pan and spread it into an even layer
- Bake until golden- about 22 minutes (stir halfway)
- Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed. It crisps up as it cools!
- Break into pieces and stir in the dried blueberries
- Enjoy this in your favorite yogurt, milk, or just as a it! Store it in a jar or container at room temperature. This should be good for about 2 weeks!