Spice up your muffin routine with this savory recipe. Ditch the blueberries and make these Bacon Goat Cheese Muffins. Using a box mix, they’re a quick and easy recipe guaranteed to satisfy all you muffin needs.
Muffins are one of the most convenient breakfasts, prefect for a grab and go. Most muffins however are basically like eating cake in the morning, loaded with sugar! I decided to make savory muffins instead, the bacon and goat cheese in these muffins are the perfect way to balance out the natural sweetness of a muffin.
While generally I try to make everything from scratch it’s hard to deny the convenience of box muffin mixes. When I found out the Enjoy Life Foods muffin mix is also loaded in healthy plant protein I thought I’d give it a try! Using this mix made these muffins so easy, and the texture from the box mix was pure perfection. Instead of using oil I subbed it out for bacon fat, because bacon makes everything better!
- Serves: 12 muffins
- Serving size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Sugar: 10.8 g
- Protein: 10.5 g
- 1 Package Enjoy Life Foods Muffin Mix
- 1 Cup + 2 Teaspoon Water
- ¼ Cup Bacon Fat
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ Cup Bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- ½ Cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
- ½ Strained Diced Canned Tomatoes
- Combine muffin mix with water and bacon fat
- Add remaining ingredients, save some bacon and cheese to top the muffins with
- Portion into 12 muffin liners, sprinkle tops with remaining bacon and cheese
- Baker at 375 for about 20 minutes
Disclosure: I was provided free product for this review, all opinions are my own.