No one will be able to guess this Cookies and Milk Pie is actually a healthy treat. This creamy pie is loaded with veggies and high in protein. The perfect dessert for when you’re trying not to break your diet.
It’s starting to get warm out, who doesn’t love a good frozen pie? I love the pie even more when the main ingredient is a vegetable and there’s 5 grams of protein in every slice. That’s right this ice cream like pie is actually fairly healthy! Frozen pies make for such a great dessert. I love to make them when I have company over. I think they’re best partially thawed. I take them out of the freezer when I serve dinner and by the time we’re ready for dessert it’s at the perfect consistency!
Cookies and milk is such a classic flavor combination. However, most people are all about the cookies. I wanted this pie to be more about the milk! I absolutely love milk, I still drink a big glass of milk with dinner every night! To make this ice cream like topping I pureed milk, dates, cottage, cheese and zucchini. Yup, that’s right! This pie is loaded with zucchini, you can’t taste it but it helps provide a nice silky texture. Once the milk mixture is folded with whipped cream and frozen you would never guess the main ingredient is a veggie!
Cookies, are of course a key part of a cookies and milk pie. I used the Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Enjoy Life Foods to make a perfect crust. To help cut the sugar in the crust and I added lots of oats. Then just poured brown butter into the mixture to help enhance the cookie flavor. This is not your typical graham cracker style crust, it is much wetter than that. I just spread it on the bottom of the pie pan and not up the sides. It’s wetter because of the high ratio of brown butter, but trust me you’ll want all that delicious flavor! To added even more cookie flavor I add big chunks of the chocolate chip cookies as well as some Enjoy Life chocolate chips to the filling.
- Serves: 12 slices
- Serving size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 19.6 g
- Sugar: 8.5 g
- Fiber: 2.8 g
- Protein: 5 g
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 2 Tablespoon Corn Starch
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 5 Dates, Soaked in Water until Tender
- ½ Cup Milk
- 2 Cups Zucchini, Peeled and Diced
- ¾ Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Pint Heavy Cream, Whipped
- 5 Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ Cup Enjoy Life Dark Chocolate Morsels
- Brown butter, let cool to room temp
- Crush cookies in blender or food processor
- Add remaining dry ingredients
- Slowly add butter while mixing
- Spread on bottom of grease 10" pie pan
- Bake 350F for about 20 minutes, cool completely
- Puree dates, milk, zucchini, cottage cheese, and vanilla in blender until smooth
- Fold together with whipped cream
- Add cookie crumbs and chocolate chips
- Spread on cooled crust
- Place in freezer for at least 3 hours
- Let soften before eating (About 45 Minutes at room temp)
Disclosure: I was provided free product for this review, all opinions are my own.