Pizza is everyone’s favorite food, and this Pizza Quiche has all the flavor of a meaty pizza with not of the guilt. Made mostly with egg whites, it’s a low calorie way to satisfy your pizza cravings.
If there’s one thing that everyone loves, it’s pizza! I am constantly craving pizza, but don’t usually like how I feel when I’m done eating it. This quiche is the perfect solution. It has all the delicious flavor of a meaty pizza in a much lighter dish!
For this recipe I used a hearty crust made out of oats and oat flour to make it a filling lunch. But if you’re looking to make a lighter breakfast option you could definitely make it crust-less. Just like pizza you can use whatever toppings you please to finish this quiche, but I love the combination of caramelized onions, sausage, and pepperoni in this recipe. The key to making this quiche truly feel like a pizza is to broil the cheese on the top once the egg are cooked, creates ooey gooey pizza perfection!
- Serves: 12 Slices
- Serving size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 150
- Fat: 7.7 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 9 g
- ½ Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Quick Cooking Oats
- 3 Tablespoons Corn Starch
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Stick Butter, Cold Cubed
- ½ Cup Water
- 1 Link Italian Sausage, Crumbled and Browned
- ½ Cup Caramelized Onions
- 1½ Cup Egg Whites
- 2 Eggs
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese
- 2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Corn Starch
- ½ Cup Tomato Sauce
- 3 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 8 Pieces Pepperoni
- For the crust combine all the dry ingredients, then add the butter until resembles small pebbles. Add the water and form dough.
- Spread dough along the bottom of a grease pie pan (Just on the bottom like a pizza, it doesn't need to come up the sides)
- Par Bake Crust in a 350F oven for 15 minutes
- Top crust with crumbled sausage and onions
- Mix egg whites, eggs, salt, basil, oregano, corn starch, and tomato sauce using a hand blender
- Pour mixture on top of crust
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until eggs are set
- Top with cheese and pepperoni
- Broil for 3-5 minutes until cheese melts
- Store quiche in the fridge, heats up great in the oven or microwave
Comments on this post6 Comments
Comments are closed.