These Date Brownies are a delicious and healthy treat. Sweetened solely using dates these brownies are a great way to satisfy that chocolate fix.
With Valentine’s Day around the corner, it’s the perfect time of year for chocolate. These brownies are dense and delicious, sweetened only with some dates so you can enjoy a rich, decadent, chocolate dessert without the sugar rush.
To me nothing is better than a fudgy brownie with a large glass of milk, it’s perfection. Due to the lack of sugar in these brownies they do not last quite as long as a traditional brownies; but, I’ll take a short shelf life over a sugar head ache any day. If you plan on keeping them for longer than three days throw them in the freezer, they hold up great! I usually keep have the batch out and put the other half in the freezer for an emergency chocolate snack. Because chocolate emergencies are definitely a real thing.
- Serves: 15
- Serving size: 1 Brownies
- Calories: 184
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Sugar: 11.2 g
- Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
- 1½ Cup Pitted Dates
- 1 Cup Water
- ¾ Cup Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 Cup Cocoa Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Cover the dates with the water and microwave 2 minutes
- Add dates and water to a blender with butter and puree until smooth
- Let cool about 10 minutes
- Add the eggs and vanilla, mix until combined
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add dry ingredients
- Spread batter into a greased 9X9 pan
- Bake at 350F for about 30 minutes
Comments on this post3 Comments
Comments are closed.