Loaded with protein this Black Forest Baked Oatmeal tastes like dessert, you’d never guess how healthy it is. An easy make ahead breakfast to make your weekdays easier.
Sundays are my favorite days. I spend the day in the kitchen prepping healthy food to make the rest of the week easier. This baked oatmeal recipe is perfect to make on Sunday and have a healthy breakfast ready to go for the rest of the week. Between the oats, flax seed, and protein powder this no sugar added breakfast will give you the fuel you need for a busy day!
I use the Rainbow Light Chocolate Protein Energizer from Thrive Market in this recipe. I love that this powder doesn’t taste as chalky as some others, plus there is no sugar added which is what I’m always looking for. This oatmeal is sweetened only using apple sauce and natural sweetness found in cherries. Adding almond extract helps give a cake like flavor making them taste like a decadent black forest cake instead of a healthy breakfast!
- Serves: 12
- Serving size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 2.3 g
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Fiber: 1.9 g
- Protein: 4.3 g
- 3 Eggs
- 4 oz Apple Sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Oat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Flax Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups Oats
- 1 Cup Frozen Cherries, Thawed and Chopped
- Whip eggs until light and fluffy
- Add apple sauce, vanilla, and almond extract
- Lightly fold in remaining ingredients
- Divide batter between 12 muffin liners
- Bake at 350F for about 20-30 minutes
Comments on this post1 Comments
Comments are closed.