You don’t need a fancy dehydrator to make Apple Chips. This easy recipe just uses the oven, the fastest way to make this healthy snack.
Sundays are meant to be lazy days, what’s better for a lazy day than a nice slow recipe. These apple chips are so easy to make and unlike the ones in the store you can control exactly want is in them!
Most recipes for any type of fruit chips involve a dehydrator. While, I’m sure they would make a great apple chip I’m way too cheap to buy one. But these chips worked perfectly in my oven. Just low and slow, flip half way through and you’ve got perfect apple chips without buying any fancy equipment
- Serving size: ½ Apple
- Calories: 85 g
- Fat: 3.8 g
- Sugar: 9.6 g
- Fiber: 2.9 g
- Protein: 0.4
- 1 Red Delicious Apple
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- Pan Spray
- Using a mandolin or sharp knife slice the apple as thin as possible
- Line the slices on a greased baking sheet
- Spray the apples lightly with pan spray
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon, ginger, and salt
- Bake at 200F for about 2 hours
- After two hours flip the apples to the opposite side
- At this point the chips will look weird and floppy, that's okay
- Bake for another 2 hours or until crispy
Comments on this post3 Comments
Comments are closed.