Chocolate Porridge is a chocolaty and delicious way to start your day. Made mostly of nuts this breakfast will fill you with the needed protein to start your day. Sweetened only with bananas it makes for one decadent treat.
Day 13 of my whole30 has got me feeling great! So much motivation to get things done! It could be that I started my day off with this delicious porridge and finally got my chocolate fix, whatever the reason, I felt awesome.
I got up early and make this chocolate porridge inspired by Danielle Walker’s banana porridge. I figured changing the recipe a bit and adding cocoa powder was a great guilt free way to get my chocolate fix! I was so good I had it for breakfast and lunch. The porridge itself is great, creamy and delicious, but I topped mine off with fresh banana and flax seeds; the contrast of textures really enhanced the porridge. I even added some big flake salt to the top, wow, that chocolate and salt combination really woke me up!
For dinner I had a slow cooker meal of beef, potatoes, and green beans. I wont lie, it wasn’t very good. Which lead to lots of late night snacks; a peach, some macadamia nuts, some dried fruits, and a larabar for dessert. Hopefully tomorrow’s dinner will be as good as today’s breakfast was.
- Serves: 2 Portions
- Serving size: 1 Bowl
- Calories: 538
- Fat: 40 g
- Sugar: 9.5 g
- Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 10.6 g
- ¾ Cups Cashews
- Pinch Salt
- ½ Banana
- ¾ Cups Coconut Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Cocoa Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Sprinkle the cashews with salt, then soak in water overnight
- Drain the cashews and rinse well
- Place in blender with remaining ingredients
- Blend on high until almost smooth
- Some texture in the mixture helps create and oatmeal like feel
- Transfer mixture to a small pot
- Bring to a boil while stirring
- Boil for about 1 minute, until mixture thickens