Bring out your inner child with this fun gluten free cookie pizza with yogurt frosting. A sweet cookie covered in a tangy yogurt frosting, perfect to add your favorite fruit or candy toppings to.
One thing I think is unfair is that we all tell kids not to play with their food. But in my mind cooking IS playing with your food, and I think all kids should learn to cook! While this recipe doesn’t have a lot of cooking involved, this cookie pizza is a delicious snack and great activity for kids!
made this using some of my leftover Candy Speckled Snickerdoodle dough and it made a great cookie crust. The edges get nice and crispy enough to hold up toppings but the middle stays tender and moist, perfect texture combo!
While the cookies may not be the healthiest, the frosting is! Since most kids love to put unreasonable amounts of frosting on things this is the perfect recipe for them. You can cut up lots of fruit for the topping and feel a little bit better about their dessert. I made this cookie pizza as a fun activity to do with my nephews, but I was worried they wouldn’t be into the fruit so I put out candy for them to use as well. Boy was I wrong, they both love using apples and blueberry and the only ones who used candy where the adults, opps!
- 1/4 Batch of Candy Speckled Snickerdoodles
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Fruit of Your Choice For Topping
- Shape cookie dough into a thin circle on a greased baking sheet
- Bake at 350F for about 15 minutes or until begins to brown
- Combine all remaining ingredients
- Once cookie is chilled slice into 6 pieces and decorate using frosting and fruit
Comments on this post1 Comments
Comments are closed.