This is two ingredient recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover rice. Yellow Rice Cakes are crispy and flavorful, so much better than the bland ones you buy in the store!
Now I know what you think when I say rice cakes. You are thinking about the dry crumbly ones in the grocery store. Well think again! These pan fried cakes are moist, delicious, and so easy to make! Trust me this is the most delicious thing you can do with left over rice!
This recipes was inspired by my Clean Slate cookbook. They have a recipe for brown rice cakes, while probably healthier I’m going to say my are way more flavorful. The cakes have a crispy edge almost reminiscent of a chicken nugget and a soft interior of yellow rice goodness.
- Serves: 3
- Serving size: 1 rice cake
- Calories: 311
- Fat: 9.8 g
- Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
- 1 Cup Cooked Yellow Rice
- 1 Egg White
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Whip the egg white for about 3 minutes until very white and foamy
- Add the rice, be careful not to deflate the whites too much
- Heat olive oil in saute pan
- Scoop rice mixture into pan
- Cook for two minutes on each side