This tasty Roasted Garlic biscuits are both gluten free and vegan, but they’re so full of flavor no one will notice.
I will admit one thing I’m not proud of with these biscuits; there is shortening in them. I will always argue for using butter, real butter over any substitute I just feel it is more natural and also delicious. However, I needed these to be vegan as well so I caved and bought some shortening. Part of me hoped they wouldn’t work, because shortening has no flavor how can they be so delicious? Well roasted garlic definitely saves the day with these babies. While I don’t really think shortening is a very healthy option thing blog is a journey to a healthier life style, so, baby steps. That being said, if you’re not vegan just substitute of shortening for butter and they will work out just fine. Alright that officially ends my rant on shortening and I will proceed with the recipe now!
- Serves: 24 small biscuits
- Serving size: 2 biscuits
- Calories: 179
- Fat: 13.2 g
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 1.2 g
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon Xantham Gum
- 2 tablespoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Chives, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Parsley, Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Tarragon, Chop
- ¼ cup Roasted Garlic Cloves
- ¾ cup Shortening
- 1 cup Soy Milk
- Preheat Oven to 350 F
- Combine flour, xantham, baking powder, salt, and herbs in a mixing bowl.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves, combine well.
- Add shortening and mix with hands until the shortening and garlic resembles small pebbles
- Add the soy milk and mix until just incorporated
- Note it will seem wetter than most biscuit doughs
- Using an ice cream scoop make golf ball sized biscuits and place and greased baking tray
- Bake in for about ten minutes or until golden brown
Comments on this post1 Comments
Comments are closed.